• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

5 Rules of Propaganda

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ernest Nagel

is old
Saw this on my FB and just thought it was worth sharing here. Five basic rules of propaganda, courtesy of Norman Davies in his book "Europe: A History":

• The rule of simplification: reducing all data to a simple confrontation between "Good and Bad", "Friend and Foe".

• The rule of disfiguration: discrediting the opposition by crude smears and parodies.

• The rule of transfusion: manipulating the consensus values of the target audience for one's own ends.

• The rule of unanimity: presenting one's viewpoint as if it were the unanimous opinion of all right-thinking people: draining the doubting individual into agreement by the appeal of star-performers, by social pressure, and by "psychological contagion".

• The rule of orchestration: endlessly repeating the same messages in different variations and combinations.

I'm not pointing fingers in any direction. I just think it's interesting how some of these strategies seem to be taking hold in all quarters. I kinda wish these rules could be made into infractions with serious penalties for so-called "news" media. Always that pesky First Amendment though. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back