• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

A question that arose while watching two documentairies

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russell Williams

For those who tend to fly off the handle, I am advocating nothing. I was watching some documentaries and got to wondering about something.

I have been watching two documentaries about the Nazi eugenics and sterilization programs (in part to some extent inspired by US programs). My question is, since this was done did it achieve its goal? Does anyone know if Germany now has fewer autistic children, fewer alcoholics, fewer homosexuals, fewer manic depressives and such then the countries that did not fall under Nazi rule?

For that matter how did the Virginian program work out? Are the people of Virginia saner then the rest of the US.

I am not talking about Jews, gypsies, and blacks.

"The Germans were not the creators nor the first to implement governmentally sanctioned forced sterilization. The United States, for instance, had already enacted sterilization laws in half its states by the 1920's which included forced sterilization of the criminally insane as well as others. The first German sterilization law was enacted on July 14, 1933 - only six months after Hitler became Chancellor. The Law for the Prevention of Genetically Diseased Offspring (the "Sterilization" Law) allowed the forced sterilization for anyone suffering from genetic blindness, hereditary deafness, manic depression, schizophrenia, epilepsy, congenital feeblemindedness, Huntingtons' chorea (a brain disorder), and alcoholism.

Asylum inmates consisted of thirty to forty percent of those sterilized. So who were the others? The main reason for sterilization was so that the hereditary illnesses could not be passed on in offspring, thus "contaminating" the Volk's gene pool. Since asylum inmates were locked away from society, most of them had a relatively small chance of reproducing. The main target of the sterilization program were those people with a slight hereditary illness and who were at an age of being able to reproduce. Since these people were among society, they were deemed the most dangerous.

Since slight hereditary illness is rather ambiguous and the category "feebleminded" is extremely ambiguous, some people were sterilized for their asocial or anti-Nazi beliefs and behavior. "

Latest posts

Back