• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

A thought

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traci

I wonder if part of the issue concerning "fat acceptance" has to do with how our society views food in general....

The question: Do fat people enjoy food TOO much? Is this part of the problem with the obesity epidemic? I mean, think about it--Fat people OBVIOUSLY show their love (some might say "addiction")--Is food simply for sustenance only and not to be used for pleasure (I realize that I am potentially opening a can of worms by that last sentence, but, hell, I'm amongst friends, aren't I?)? Why? We don't seem to have a problem with television ads featuring cool people lounging about in smoky, alcoholic bars...Alcohol=lowering of inhibitions=potential sex...Why would it be offensive to show a big, handsome, teddy bear of a guy getting ready to give it to his girl because she made him a triple-chocolate fudge layer cake? Why is this picture considered to be offensive yet the idea of a man drinking something that kills brain cells (don't get me wrong here-I'm no Puritan when it comes to grain and grape-based beverages) is considered interesting and sexy (I'm thinking about the slim,pretty blonde licking her Amaretto Di Saronno-flavoured ice cube--what if she was licking the edge of a carrot cake with cheese icing or slurping up a strand of fettucine Alfredo while he partner gazes at her with lust?)?

How should food be viewed? I ask this hoping to get some interesting feedback on the subject...

Latest posts

Back