• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

An interaction with a telemarketer

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russell Williams

Sometimes, when I'm bored, and a telemarketer calls I see if I can change the subject into something I find more interesting. The following are examples:

Example 1:

I just received a call from (I forget his exact name let's call him Harry). He wanted to talk to me about back braces. I asked him where he was located. He said he was located in Guilford, New Jersey. I could hear a lot of other voices in the background. I asked Harry what time it was in Guilford, New Jersey. He told me that it was 10 PM and then he said, "No, it is 9 AM or 10 AM, I do not know," and then he hung up on me.

Example 2:

I just received a call from someone who asked me if I ever participated in the oil and gas industry. I told him that, depending on how you define participation, I did. He asked when I had last participated. I told him that I had last participated in the oil and gas industry last week. He asked something about the level of my participation last week and I told them that I had purchased about $50 worth of gasoline, which, depending on how you define it, is participation in the oil and gas industry. I believe that was not quite the answer he was looking for.

He asked me if I was a certified investor which would mean that I had a net worth of over $1 million. He felt that my answer did not qualify me for the kind of participation in the oil and gas industry that he was looking for

. We then talked about bringing people to Christ, why it was that, even though churches often have horrible battles, on the whole you have a much better chance of finding a collection of kind compassionate loving people in a church then outside of the church. We also talked about the local house where a murder had occurred and where a bunch of gang members suddenly burst out of one evening and wound up in the hands of the waiting police.

I told him that I had that I had said the adult Sunday school class I attended that these people were probably troubled and traumatized and therefore they should be invited to come to church. Since no one else was interested in doing it I went to the house a number of times in order to invite them to church.

I told the telemarketer that, as best I could tell, a large section of the church members that knew what I was doing thought that was a good idea to bring these people to Christ but they would much rather that these people be brought to Christ in some other church.

I told the telemarketer that was some fear that I might be shot and killed while going to the house and inviting them to church. I pointed out that as best I understood Christian dogma if I was shot and killed while inviting people to come to church that would significantly increase my chances of getting into heaven should there be such a place.

The telemarketer thanked me for taking the time to talk to him.

I do not know about the telemarketer but I enjoyed the conversation. Since my phone number is on the do not call list I figure the telemarketer is not going to call up anybody to complain that he called the number on the do not call list and that the personal who answered did not purchase anything

Latest posts

Back