• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Are We There Yet? : The Obama Economy, You and Consumer Confidence

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superodalisque

Lately there has been a lot of criticism of the president, his policies and how long its taking for the economy to turn around on the jobs front. i definitely understand that. i'm really ready for it to turn around myself. but i wonder if its constructive to be so critical in so short a period of time? as much as i want more money flowing i realize that its unrealistic to think that jobs will bounce back in such quick measure after such a devastating crash. people fail to remember that the crash only took place in the latter part of 2007, and the president only took office at the beginning of 2008. media has been equating this crash to the depression. it took nearly ten years to see any real recovery from that. yet, our economy is solidly in recovery mode even though growth is slow. but most jobs have never come out of washington or from corporate and its time for us ordinary americans to get real about that. they've always come from us and our dynamic marketplace--the true value in the american economy.

most americans blame gov't and banking for the slow recovery but they fail to see the connection between the demand for jobs and consumer demand which has been extremely low and is the real drag on the economy. low consumer confidence has effected the market. that makes businesses reluctant to hire. the media doesn't help the situation because there has been very little from them on the role of consumer confidence in job demand. americans are acting like the kids in the backseat asking "are we there yet?" when we need to be the adults driving this thing. its time to realize that maybe americans who are employed need to be encouraged to take a bit of a risk to do more buying this holiday season for the good of the country. the new color for christmas in american business should be black. its an emotional thing. and right now we aren't putting anyone in the mood to do the necessary spending thats going to provide more stable employment for all of us in the future. there needs to be a show of confidence to bring us out of this sucker. now that IS where the president is probably failing a bit. honestly he hasn't been as good of a cheerleader as Reagan was. he really does need to get out his short skirt and pom poms and do a few herkies. but the ones of us who can need to buy something this year so our neighbors can get back to work and the president needs to start saying so.

Latest posts

Back