• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Biblical Studies?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russell Williams

Dear Editor:

In this paper there is been much discussion about things relating to the Bible and the degree to which events described in the Bible actually occurred in the way they are described. There are three different experiments that I can think of which will help those who wish to prove that the Bible is literal.

One.) In the past I have seen pictures taken by people who have found Noah's Ark. For various reasons the people taking the pictures could never get closer to the remains of Noah's Ark than about 300 yards. These days, in some areas, using Google Whole Earth, from the sky I can see crossties on a railroad track. Someone wishing to prove the existence of Noah's Ark can do the research necessary to find the latitude and longitude coordinates of the place people were standing when they took pictures of the remains of Noah's Ark. Then, using the free version of Google whole Earth or spending the money to get an even more powerful version they will be able to show exactly what the remains of Noah's Ark look like and thus prove the existence of Noah's Ark. This could be an excellent project for somebody to do for a science fair.

Two) Young earth Bible literalists have pointed out that the layers of rock in the Grand Canyon and other places were laid down quickly during the great flood. There should be places where someone could legally take a pound or two of rock from each of several different rock layers that are sitting on top of each other. Then, the person doing the experiment can grind up all the material from the several different layers, add water , mix all the material together thoroughly as would've happened in a flood, and then pour the mixture out into some sort of a container and see if the mixtures sort out in the same order as they appear in the rock face from which the material was obtained. If the first attempt did not produce the desired results, there are variety of different ways that the material could be poured out.

Three) Years ago I saw a movie which demonstrated that when a person died there was an immediate small decrease in the person's weight. The movie pointed out that this decrease in weight was the soul leaving the body. These days much more precise measurements can be obtained. A person who is dying and has a do not resuscitate order on them could, in advance, have agreed to have their heart rate and brain activity monitored as they were dying. Because of radio telemetry there would not need to be any physical connections between the devices on the patient's bed that were monitoring their heart rate and brain activity, and the video screens that showed the activity. The bed, the bed linens, the dying person, and the monitoring devices could all be separately and together weighed on an extremely accurate scale. With the dying person and all of his bedding and devices being weighed on an extremely accurate scale, the monitoring devices would tell when the patient died and the scale would tell what the change in weight had been at the moment of death. This should lead great credence to the arguments of those who say that the body has a physical soul which has mass and which leaves the body at the moment of death.

Obviously study number three could not be done as part of a high school science project but surely there are Bible believing Christian doctors in Christian hospitals could arrange such a study in the attempt to prove that the soul not only exists but has an actual measurable mass.

I personally do not believe that Noah's Ark ever existed, that the Earth is very young, that the Grand Canyon was laid down in a period of a week or two, and I do not believe that the soul has a measurable mass. I have presented these three suggested studies so that those who disagree with me can prove me wrong. I'm sure that there are many people besides myself will be very anxious to hear the results of the above listed studies.

Latest posts

Back