• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Bob says black families were better off under slavery. Russell wonders where he got

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russell Williams

Bob says that Black men agree that the welfare state is harder on families then slavery was.

Russell asks for data.

Bob says:

I told your friends at that NAACP meeting you invited me to in 2009 that the welfare state had done more damage to the black family then slavery. Every woman went nuts, but all the men agreed with me. You sat back and laughed. (

Russell told Bob that his statement is absurd.

Bob responded:
The statement is not absurd. As I have pointed out to you before in 1940 blacks had a lower rate of illegitimacy then whites. Blacks were disadvantaged in education, and job opportunities but the income gap was closing faster from the end of the civil war till 1964 then it has since. That figure was originally given to me by a black woman. None of the men in that room raised any objections to anything I said. The disagreement with the Reverend was about Obama.

Russell responded to Bob:
Bob, you've said that is not absurd to say that the welfare state has done more damage to the black family than slavery. What documentation do you have to indicate that when slaves were purchased from Africa every attempt was made to keep families together. When slaves were sold in America what slave auction advertisement documents have you seen in which the stipulation was made that any time a slave was a member of a whole slave family the whole slave family must be purchased and that a document must be signed that the family members would not be sold off separately? Did the black woman who talked to you about changes since 1940 also tell you, and provide documentation, that the welfare state was far more damaging to families than slavery was. It is now Monday evening, since Friday, how many black men have you talked to about the comparison between family stability now and during slavery and what percentage of them have agreed that slavery was less damaging to the black family than the current situation? I do not wish to get sidetracked from this issue until after you give me some data from your talking with black men. I suspect if you talked with 20 black men about whether or not families are worse off now or under slavery and report the results that will at least be the start of actual data.

Any black men care to comment with the understanding that I will forward their comments to Bob? If I have data showing me that I am wrong I will apologize to
Bob.

Latest posts

Back