• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Body Shape vs Bone Structure

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loopytheone

Slightly random topic I know, but I was just really curious to here some other people's opinions on this!

Usually for clothes styles etc women's bodies are classed (for better or worse) as a certain shape, such as pear, hourglass etc.

That is great and all but I have noticed that although I am an hourglass in terms of measurements that isn't really how my body is built at all. I have a top heavy bone structure; really wide shoulders, thick, deep ribs and thick wrists and elbows with narrower hip bones. But my muscle and fat distribution is the other way around, I have almost all my muscle in my legs and basically none in my arms, meaning I can move 40kgs on weight machines with my legs no problem but struggle to move 5kgs with my arms. My band size of my bra has stayed the same from 110 to 180lbs as well so obviously I store little fat there.

I guess I was just wondering who else noticed this? And what does it mean for all those studies that say a pear shape is healthier than an apple etc etc?

Latest posts

Back