• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Breaking stereotypes

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
Stereotypes often have a grain of truth in them in terms of generalities, but there always plenty of exceptions. When it comes to fat stereotypes, over on the fat sexuality and weight gain boards some people even enjoy emphasizing them. But I always love seeing things that break stereotypes -- and especially that break fat stereotypes.

So, got any stories about this, either from your own life or that you've observed recently?

Here is the one that got me thinking about the topic this morning. It is Friday and pay day for me, so on the way to work I treated myself by stopping off at a Tim Hortons for a bagel and cream cheese. This particular location has a fairly narrow working area, and as there was a lot of people treating themselves this morning the place had about ten people working, between the in-store till, the drive-thru, the food prep, and one person busy just bringing things to the service area from the back. While they all worked together I saw one hard collision between people and a couple of near misses where someone had to react at the last minute to move out of the way, and generally it looked like they all needed at least 25% more space to work in.

At least, all the thin staff seemed to be having trouble. The one BBW threaded through the chaos so gracefully and effortlessly seeming that it looked like it was choreographed.

So much for the stereotypes of fat people being slow, clumsy, and taking up too much space in close quarters!

Latest posts

Back