• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Couple of recent purchases to report (I'm a size 30 to 34ish), and a fat foot shoe!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnnMarie

✰cuddly and terrifying✰
Okay kiddies.... I recently purchased some new Old Navy stuff with no clue as to whether it would fit me, but since I've found their things run a bit large, I gave it a shot.

I ordered these cotton babydoll (dresses, ha!). I ordered the brown print (show below) and a nice white with a beige swirl pattern (which seems to not even be shown anymore, so I don't know if they've sold out?). I ordered the 26 and figured the top (breasts) would fit, but the bottom might be a crap shoot - these are 100% cotton, no stretch fabric - but the back has some elastic/rouching built in.

I got them and it's the oddest garment ever. The bottom fits my belly/butt/hips, but JUST fits (waist 57 or so, hips about 73 - when I get them back I can try to get an actual garment measurement). I figured if I wanted to, if it hadn't fit, I'd just cut and seam the sides since it's so long, then I'd have plenty of room. I didn't need to do that, it does fit with a little bit of room to spare (sitting room). These only come in numbered sizes, and I ordered the 26.

Here's the weird part... the top! It's HUGE, like super huge. The length from the shoulders to under the bust was about 6 inches too long for me, so the V-cross neck was totally open with the girls just hanging out there (and I don't mean the 'sexy cleavage' look, I mean - wow, why are you showing your boobs??). The bottom of the V which should be hitting around the bottom of my bra or just a smidge lower could be pulled all the way down to mid belly. The shoulders on this shirt/dress-thing are just HUGE.

Granted, I'm a girl who wears my bra straps adjusted to the smallest size and if they stretch they fall off my shoulders, but this was really weird. I like the shirts so much that I asked my mother to take out the extra fabric at the top of the shoulder and sew a new seam for me... When we pulled it up that appeared to solve the "I can see your breasts" problem and also raised the (stretchy/rouched) back up a bit to cover my back bra strap... so that was a good fix.

Anyway, sorry this is so disjointed, it was a confusing garment!... I just wanted to give my supersized sisters a head's up that these could work for you, but you have to do a little adjusting maybe.

I'll make another post after this about the shoes and I'll post pics of me in the shirts when I get them back.

View attachment on485236-00p01v01.jpg

Latest posts

Back