• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Dealing with bad feelings...

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That Guy You Met Once

Yep. Guilt, envy, resentment, self-doubt, and all that. I know everyone here has had them at some point, but how do you deal with them?

I've had these problems for a while. Family members have made fun of me and pressured me to lose weight since I was around eight (My mom would sometimes wake me up early to walk a mile or do exercises, and I'm still not allowed to drink anything containing high-fructose corn syrup around her), and I took A LOT of shit about it in high school. Plus, it's only been about two years since I embraced FAdom and my own fat, so I'm still not used to this.

As a result, I've developed kind of a split view towards the FA movement and fat in general. Whenever I lose weight, I'm afraid I'm getting too thin, and whenever I gain it, I'm afraid I'm getting too fat.

I've found myself being distant from, and even resentful of fat people, yet they're the primary ones I admire and am attracted to. I've found myself thinking of fat people as beautiful one minute, and resenting them for being spoiled or having more than their share the next (although I admit that that's bullshit).

My girlfriend has gone through much of the same things (although her family has been more tolerant) and I'm seeing signs of many of the same issues in her.

As a side note, neither me or my GF are that big. In fact, we're downright skinny compared to many Dimmers. (Me: 5'9, 217 lbs. Her: 5'6, 223 lbs.)

BTW: I admit that a large part of it for me is envy. Between financial troubles and my situation with my parents, I've had to choose between bills and food recently, and I've had maybe one full meal in the last three days. I know that's no excuse, though.

Latest posts

Back