• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Differences between Canada and the USA

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigmac

The USA sucks thread devolved so I thought I'd start a thread where we can look at the real differences between the United States and its closest neighbor.

I found this Wikipedia article quite informative.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Canadian_and_American_economies

It appears that on the gross economic level Canada and the USA are very similar:

-- government spending is about 40% of both economies

-- taxation rates are similar

-- median income is almost identical

Thus it appears to me that the biggest differences between the two countries are cultural not economic. Having lived rough half of my life in each its been my experience that Canadians are much less religious, have much greater faith in their government (even when idiots like Steven Harper or Ralph Klein get elected). Also, Canadians do not share the anti-urban anti-intellectual attitudes of many Americans.

Latest posts

Back