• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Differing Reactions

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruffie

I am confused by peoples reactions to me lately. I work in a stressful job and back in May something happened in the workplace that added even more stress to the plate. As a result my heart rate and blood pressure spiked quite high and was discovered when I went in for a blood pressure check to renew my medicine. I have a heart murmur that I was born with and so the Doctor was concerned and gave me a month off from work to destress and start taking better care of myself. As a result of eating cleaner and exercising more I have lost about twenty pounds. I am taking care of me so that I can be around for those I love including leaving the position I love and moving to a less stressful position in the organization. What is confusing to me is the reactions I am getting from other people.

As I lost the weight people are making comments like "You are wasting away, Every time I hug you there is less of you to hold, and I am concerned about you losing weight this fast. On the other side of that there are people rah rawing about the weight loss, how proud they are of me, keep going, giving advice about weight loss and how much happier I must be now.

And the third part of this is those that are catty about it. I was talking to one of my junior staff who herself lost 115 lbs and she was commenting on the 20lbs and cheerleading me on when another staff member (who is not under my supervision but was there using our kitchen facilities) muttered under her breath "like you could tell" I had to leave the room cause if I did't I would have throttled her.

I am wondering about how others deal or have dealt with people making comments about your body size? So far I have just been telling people that my goal was not weight loss perse, but rather to eat better and move my body to have better health. I guess I just need help dealing with the mental aspects of this. It just blows my mind that people around me have had or do have ideals about how I should look. Thankfully I have some wonderful friends that do get my thinking and just want to support me in any way they can and understand that health is my goal not looking a certain way.

Thanks ladies for your insights.

Latest posts

Back