• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Do you know why you are fat?!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missy_blue_eyez

So, Ive been thinking this evening about the reasons why I am fat. Im going to try and word this best as I can so you all understand but Im asking more for psychological reasons if you know? Memories, things that have happened etc?

What bought this on is I have watched a program this evening about obese teenagers asking the NHS for gastric band operations. The main thing I noticed about the way these teenagers were dealt with is that it didnt seem that counselling was offered to any of them to decipher the root causes of there obesity/eating habits etc. For instance, one Dr asked one young girl about her family history etc, and about relationships, but it didnt seem like it was taken any further (maybe just televisual editing etc) but neither was long term counselling mentioned. This young girl was also asked 'Why do you want this operation?' To which she replied 'Because I want to be skinny, I want to look like Jordan aka Katie Price, I want to have big boobs.' Now, that rang alarm bells with me, and made me think, 'Why the hell arent these kids being offered self esteem classes, counselling, etc etc?' To me, I am all about the mental causes which lead to obesity, and I personally feel, especially after watching this program that counselling and dealing with those reasons first and foremost could possibley be the major part into dealing with obesity long term for the British government. Now, yeh I know, Im no Dr, and there just my thoughts. But initially after some of these thoughts I got to thinking about some of my own past behaviour regarding food, and eating. For myself personally, I would much rather these teenagers/young adults had £15,000 worth of counselling, psychological help, personal training and a nutritionist rather then being plunged into £15,000 worth of surgery without them really understanding there behaviour as I feel that it would be much more beneficial long term. But thats just me.

Some of my earliest memories which were bought up were from when I was around 6-9 years old. I can remember stealing and hoarding food from the kitchen and literally hiding in the garden, hiding away from everybody and literally gorging myself. Why did I do this? I have absolutely no idea, and this is why I wrote this thread. Although I am happy with the way I am, I am still inquisitive about the root causes to why I became/why I am fat. These memories seem to bring about the idea to me that maybe my fat is due to some undealt with eating disorder, but, I may never know.

We are so sympathetic towards other eating disorders such as bulimia and anorexia and with these disorders counselling plays the key role in tackling the behaviour, and it makes me wonder why obesity (in Britain anyway) isnt dealt with in the same way. There seems to be no sympathy, no talking, no digging to find root causes, but more about shipping kids off to fat camps, getting them jogging and making them eat salad but never really helping them to understand why they are this way.

So I just want to know...Do you know why you are fat? What memories do you have? Have you ever had counselling? Did it help? Im intrigued. Not intending, or trying to upset anybody with any of this. So if anybody is offended, it is not intended at all, maybe worded wrongly. But yeh, thats my question.......

Latest posts

Back