• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Expectations of Women

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruffie

I have been thinking about this topic alot lately as I have been dealing with some tough issues in my life. When talking to other women I have found a thread that runs through their lives that is akin to what I have been feeling.
Its never enough!

Growing up I had an emotionally abusive mother. She herself suffered physical and emotional abuse and never dealt with the issues and so as a result inadvertently passed some issues down to me. My experiences were that I wasn't INSERT AND OF THE LIST BELOW enough.
Pretty
Smart
Hardworking
Good daughter
Good mother
etc
I also had this from family, "friends", teachers, bosses and so on. I have had many challenges throughout my life from dealing with alcoholic in laws and mentally ill family members who physically assaulted us and stalked us with shot guns to families that have virtually nothing to do with my husband or I, to bosses that harrassed, to issues with kids-well you get the picture. I won't go on right now in case no one is interested in this thread and it would be really long so I will cut to the chase.
We as women tend to carry the load in our families and are expected to not only accomplish our own goals, but to live up to the expectations of others. When we come into our own as women and find our purpose in life and what WE want we face disapproval from those in our lives that cannot accept or see who we truly are. We all are at one point or another in our lives the underdog. I wonder if we as women can share our experiences with each other on how we have risen above the crap in our lives being true to ourselves and learning from the dark times. Perhaps in our experiences shared we can help give our sisters more tools to use as they face their own challenges?

Latest posts

Back