• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

F-35 White elephant

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mack27

AΔΦΆΓΙΑ
I saw this on Yahoo news (link ) and I know we've discussed this before but I can't help shaking my head.

WASHINGTON (AFP) – The F-35 fighter jet, set to replace a large part of the US warplane fleet, has become the most expensive weapons program ever, drawing increased scrutiny at a time of tight public finances.

Following a series of cost overruns and delays, the program is now expected to cost a whopping 382 billion dollars, for 2,443 aircraft.

The so-called 5th generation fighter was built with features designed to help avoid enemy radar and ensure American supremacy in the skies for decades.

The left-leaning and libertarian mindset is usually why are we spending money on this stuff anyway. The authoritarian mindset might be "Hey, they know what they're doing."

I wish they didn't spend this much money and one of my most valuable life-lessons I've learned is that you never assume that somebody knows what they are doing. Another in my experience invaluable life-lessons is that you can't be great at everything. This applies to technology too, maybe especially to technology.

The A-10 Warthog is an ugly plane that the Air-Force brass doesn't particularly like because it's a dedicated tank-killer. It's the best thing there is for destroying tanks, enemy artillery, even enemy trains or trucks. It's in-your-face close air support with so many backups that it can fly home with a third of itself shot off.

The F-22 was the greatest air-superiority fighter ever devised, there is nothing better for air-to-air combat. It's already been discontinued.

The F-35 is a white elephant that is continuously costing more than it's supposed to. The plane is supposed to replace all kinds of planes, including taking over the role the F-22 was supposed to fill and the A-10s current role. I guarantee it's going to do both jobs worse. We'd be better off buying some of the new Russian fighters and upgrading the electronics, it would be better at probably 1/3 the price.

Latest posts

Back