• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Fat in a Lilliputian world

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rainyday

Departed
Do you ever have epiphany moments where you realize just how outsize you are compared to the rest of the world? I don't mean the everyday experiences of coping with armless chairs and such, but more a sudden revelation of how big you actually appear to those around you?

Although I'm always aware of my fat, much of the time I seem to forget just how much larger I am than an average person, and I think hanging around Dim exacerbates that. Then suddenly something will make me realize just how different I am and how I must appear to strangers. Might be seeing a photo of myself next to a "normal" size friend, or looking closely at "normal people" clothes and realizing my thigh might not even fit in a shirt a thin person would wear around their torso.

Tonight it was a picture of me sitting in a kitchen chair, shot from the back. It was a photo I took about a month ago and never got around to uploading until today. My butt hangs over a good 6-8 inches on either side of the seat and the padding on my rump makes me sit so high that my waist shows above the back of the chair. I never knew I looked that...substantial. That wide. It actually makes me wonder why people don't stare at me in public more. I would stare simply because it's vastly different from the norm. I just find it strange how off my perceptions of my size can be until something like this gives me a clue.

What catches up you short and makes you realize just how large you are compared to others?

Latest posts

Back