• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Fatmanticists Unite!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superodalisque

there are sooo many artistic dims members--its amazing. i have seen heard and read a lot wonderful things created here. i was thinking that its a shame we don't have our own artistic movement...so last might i was thinking maybe we should have one. what i came up with was Fatmanticism. know it sounds like its just about BHMs ;) but its not. these are my thoughts:

Fatmanticism is a play on words it mixes fat with Romanticism " an artistic, literary, and intellectual movement that originated in the second half of the 18th century in Western Europe that gained strength during the Industrial Revolution that was partly a revolt against aristocratic social and political norms of the Age of Enlightenment and a reaction against the scientific rationalization of nature,and was embodied most strongly in the visual arts, music, and literature." (wiki;) what i propose that Fatmanticism do is revolt against societal assumptions about the nature of the fat body as a reaction against the norms of present day society as it relates to beauty.

like Romanticism Fatmanticism would stress strong emotion as a source of aesthetic experience but with the subject matter focused on the expression of love , admiration and appreciation for human beings who are fat. this would be expressed through painting , writing, photography, videography, choreography, music, writing both poetry and prose and any other expressive media. but most important, what would Fatmanticism mean to you?

i know there are a lot of threads here where people post thier art all of the time, but i thought it would be nice if everyone had a chance here to talk about exactly what they do and how they hope thier art progresses the SA cause or expresses their aesthetic appreciation for and/or political support of people who are fat. link to any artistic posts you have here already. post stuff directly in the thread. don't forget to talk about any creative thoughts or ideas you might have. you might find some partners in crime here who can work on projects with you.

i'd also like to invite you to join the facebook group called Fatmanticism. its spanking brand new. come and post your work there too. its open to everyone , not just dims members. so if you know someone who does work you like invite them to post stuff there too. i'm hoping we can create some kind of group where we can all feed off one another's creativity(no pun intended;) learn from each other and get inspired. maybe we can even create some online and offline happenings that might be fun.

in a nutshell:

1. what do you think Fatmanticism should be concerned with?
2. as a Fatmantic what do you create or appreciate?
3. post some examples
4. join us on facebook as well as here

Latest posts

Back