• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Fear

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lamia

Like OMG!!
I was reading a thread over in the FA forums

http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71596

It's about dating and the guy was asking about problems FA's have in approaching Fat women, and while dating them because of their low self-esteem.

How many of the problems we blame on our fat are really just us covering up our fears?

When I finally embraced my fat I had to face the fact that I avoided a lot of social situations and events out of fear, more than shame from being fat.

When men have approached me I had a huge flight response. I felt huge panic like I was in danger. The first time it happened was in 2nd grade I ran from the boy and put my head on my desk. I wasn't fat then, but I was afraid.

Why do we let fear rule us? I love to sing, but I can't sing in front of people my throat closes up and I again have a flight response.

I've always felt my fat kept the world at a distance. If it ignored me than I didn't have to engage it. Accepting myself has been easy compared to trying to erase my fear.

Latest posts

Back