• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Female: You're Doing it wrong.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedVelvet

Airship Pirate
"Female" is not a noun. It is an adjective. It is often incorrectly used as a noun, though, because of it's modern usage as academic/scientific verbal shorthand.

For example, calling an ape in a lab a "female" is just shorthand for "female ape".

Calling a woman or girl (or even, heck, a Lady..let's throw that in for some old school charm...) a "female" is incorrect. She might be a female human, a female ape, a female chihuahua, I don't care, but she is not a "female". Any more than she is "a feminine" or "a tall" or "a fat."

"Male" is the same...an adjective. There are male humans and male monkeys and male birdies and puppies, but there are no "Males" in the polite, real-world-we-live-in-and-not-a-science-lab way. There are men and boys and gentlemen though, goddess bless and keep them.

Many women (and ladies and girls and stuff) also just tend to find the term off-putting. Some even consider it to be a verbal "giveaway" : interpreted as verbal code for a certain type of person. I won't get too heavily into what type of person this might be, as it is my sincere desire not to be antagonistic, but merely, instead, informative, but women often see men who use that term as men who, shall we say, have a somewhat conflicted view regarding women in general. If you are a man who uses that word regularly instead of "women" or girl or lady..you run the risk of being thought of in a way that is likely less flattering than you deserve.

SO.

So...I am just putting this out there.

Have a lovely evening. I mean that. World's mean enough.

:kiss2:

Latest posts

Back