• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Flaunting Your Fat

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggirlluvher

I've just started working part-time at a department store. At 5'11" & 250lbs, I'm officially the biggest/heaviest guy on their payroll.

I'm now experiencing some of the bias and discrimination some of you who are heavier than me might have been subjected to for years. One coworker, who's 3-month pregnancy is quickly showing, is just as quick to comment on a young plumper coworker's snacking on cookies when she sees her. She's made comments up to 3 times in my presence, most recently last night, about my belly size.

I'll admit to never feeling as big as I am since working at this store. A few months ago, I once caught the reflection of my belly in the window while sitting down at my day job desk and was a bit surprised at how big it was. Since working at this store, I feel like the term BHM applies to me now. When I was shopping for clothes for myself, I was looking in the XL-XXL sections which were smaller than the other smaller sizes available. I have a reflection of my profile near the changing rooms. If the counter were slightly lower, my belly would hang over or rest on it. I sometimes kinda like knowing that I've gotten as big as I have when I'm there. Yet I sometimes wear sweaters and cardigans to try to conceal my belly but it still shows. The holidays haven't really begun but my eating has already increased. There is a McDonald's nearby as well as a high end grocery store. Guess where I go for food on my breaks.

I'm on the verge of just owning my size and letting it hang out while I'm there rather than trying to hide or suck it in. This is a department store that by its nature doesn't take bigger people into much consideration and as an extension of that, the staff could have their own bias against bigger people as well. Have any of you really flaunted your size at your workplace? Are you able to eat what and how much you want at work without anyone criticizing you for it? Are you able to do so or your environment doesn't permit it?

Latest posts

Back