• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Flip Flopping

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeoGibson

Happy
I'm curious what you, the denizens of Hyde Park think about the modern political phenomena that is flip flopping. Since when did changing your mind about a position become such a horrible thing? I think about how much the right made out of Kerry being a "flip flopper" in the '04 election and both President Obama and Hilary were accused in '08. Now you see it from the left against Romney, and you see and hear it in your local and state elections whereever you live I'm sure.

To me, a politician that shows the ability to be more flexible and fluid in their positions is a good thing. The fact that with more information and wisdom you may learn something new that contradicts a previous position is not a bad thing at all. I want someone that is always questioning and challenging the status quo to do what is best for this country. If you get new information but refuse to use it to affect change, that to me is unthinkable. When I was little, The Adventures of Curious George was my favorite book. It was the height of literature or so I thought at the time. However, if I were to tell you now, as a 38 year old man, that Curious George was the best book ever written in the history of literature, you'd think me loony as hell.

I guess in summation, what I'm getting at is why do we hold it against our politicians if they change their mind on a position? I can understand if every other week they go back and forth, but not if over time they change. One is being so open minded their brain is falling out, the other is a natural human behavior of questioning and being willing and able to change. Never changing course or position is demonstrating a horribly closed mind. Anyway, I'm curious to see how others feel about politicians changing their minds.

Latest posts

Back