• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

For the menfolk, regarding beefcake and body image

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Vickie

I have a question. I'm not trying to create an issue or anything, but today I was thinking about the threads created recently, with the sole purpose of showing pictures of guys for the women's visual gratification. You know, the long hair, the kilt thread, threads like that. And I started wondering:

Does it in any way bother you that these threads exist? Does it make you feel "less than"? Do you feel judged because, for the most part, women are ogling very studly male celebrities? I'm curious, because I wonder how we'd feel to find threads in the lounge of "women in hot pants" or "women in bikinis" and posting pictures of women I could never even hope to look like. I think I'd feel a little... sad, I suppose. But then I'm wildly insecure about my looks, so I got to thinking that maybe men look at these things differently and it doesn't bother them. Maybe they think it's cute. But maybe they feel badly, too.

So I was wondering, both in terms of the threads, and in terms of the larger culture, does it bother you when women ogle male stars (or even other men in general)? I thought this might be an interesting way of exploring men's body image and self esteem, a topic not really discussed in length (at least not as far as I've seen).

Latest posts

Back