• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Forum Decorum

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I come here: for discussion, debate, and to gain or share: education, enlightenment, and understanding.
I come here: for fellowship with others who either are my preference or share my preference.
I come here: to learn about the other side of the coin to better understand the things that affect my relationships regarding my preference.
I come here: to share my experiences with those who share my preference as well as those who are my preference.
I come here: to take part in the sharing of experiences of different cultures and regions of my country and the world in how they perceive the preference differently, and similarly.
I come here: with questions about how those of my preference were influenced by their various environmental factors be they, familial, peer group, or social by random interaction of strangers, to learn of differences, similarities, and how to better to interact with them.

I ask probing questions of BBWs and FAs based on a variety of sources designed to stimulate conversation and debate regarding the issue(s) raised by a variety of sources without knowing always what may be learned by the answers but knowing that at some point in the conversation something important may be said that gives FAs or BBWs the ability to learn from the answers and interact better.

I bring questions that may or may not be relevant to size per se because things that may be relevant to humans on the whole may be perceived differently when viewed from the perspective of FAs and BBWs, just as some of those things may be viewed differently by the genders regardless of size or preference.

I bring my opinion(s) to a variety of topics because, although they may be similar to yours, they differ because they are mine. I do not apologize for having one, nor do I apologize for having it differ from anyone elses, or that it may be more or less popular than another being presented. My opinions are based on MY experiences, and what I have learned so far in my journey. They are from my perspective, and they are just as valid as any other one presented. They are also subject to change as information changes my understanding regarding the topic my opinion has been formed on. My opinion does not invalidate any other opinion by its presentation, nor should it be perceived as doing so. I present them so that someone else may learn something from my experience because I chose to share it regarding a topic.

I am male, and as such I already understand much of the male condition, I have fewer questions regarding what makes the male Y chromosome function the way it does than I do about the gender condition of growing up female with all of the psychological, social, emotional aspects inherent to it, which I as a male interact with often as an adult. I have even more questions about what makes FAT females different because they are the ones I wish to connect with more often for friendship, dating, and mating. I ask questions that other men and women want to know the answers to as well but that they just simply don't ask themselves. Does this mean they won't learn from the answers?

I ask in a forum setting because the resource pool of available information/experiences is deeper and wider.
I bring my questions to those best suited to enlighten and in the forum best suited to answer from the perspective of size or preference. Why do motives get questioned for simply being the one to pose a question? What harm is there in the sharing of knowledge from a general perspective, and multiple points of view? Who has the right to dictate what one side of a particular group needs to know about the other or question whether or not the curiosity is valid. Whether it is a male or a female asking a question of the other gender, does it invalidate the issue being brought to the table for discussion simply because the querent is not part of the gender being questioned? What of a person of differing race, or culture etc. to that being questioned bringing an issue or question to the table for discussion or debate, why should it be treated any different than if someone not of these groups did so? Why then is there such disparity between forum members regarding introspective topics when any of these groups are just as capable of asking a question intelligently that would be discussed openly if gender, race, culture etc. of the querent wasn't at issue? Knowledge without understanding is a dangerous tool. Why browbeat those seeking to understand. Why promote bias and prejudice based on something so shallow as the gender of the questioner? If you can't imagine what understanding or knowledge can be gained by discussing a topic, why not sit back and possibly learn, rather than shaming the querent with cynicism, or showing intolerance to curiosity? Who better to teach than those who know from experience?

In presenting a question, an answer, or an opinion I may spend hours, in articulating and editing it in such a way as to relay information while offending the least number of people, and attempting to encourage open minded debate from as many as are willing to partake in the discussion. I take culture, gender, and personality types into account when formulating the wording of a particular post and still miss my target with usage of a word or phrase that should have been different, more concise, or by implication may give a wrong idea or impression, however by the time the flaw is discovered it is often too late to correct.

I understand that in some cases no matter the number of qualifying statements, disclaimers, wording, how vague or precise the phrasing, or sincerity of the query or statements offered, some will choose to be offended by the questions I ask. My question to those people is simple: Why bother posting to a thread if there is little or no information being offered relevant to the topic? If the motive is in question relating to the topic being presented by a particular gender, group, or poster why not simply read the responses over time and formulate an opinion and choose either to join the topic or simply not answer, rather than bias other posters with cynicism or critique, which serves no other purpose than to derail a thread and stops others from posting who would normally have answered to the spirit of the thread had this cynical, argumentative, post not been presented defaming the thread and belittling the question being asked, as well as the one posing the question. I see this behaviour often enough to make me question if the mere perception of understanding is all that is we as humans can handle.

In discussions I have had outside of this forum with others and in a number of posts I have seen, the effect that this achieves is frustration and non participation of many who have a lot to offer the community. There is an atmosphere of fear that asking a question with any social import or relevance is going to be met with anger, derision, or an immature lashing out at those asking and others answering the question that may offend someone.

Is this really the way we were taught that adults are supposed to behave?
Is this how we were taught is a healthy manner of debate?
Is there any wonder why fewer and fewer people are posting, or why many are leaving the forum?

Rollhandler

Latest posts

Back