• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Had an epiphany this morning

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigElectricKat

The Big Kat
:doh:You know how many people relate their current troubles to something that happened in their childhood? Or more accurately, not-so-great things occurred in your childhood and you carry that stigma around with you, wish you could have changed things, prevented things, or had a better life?
When I was a child, we were pretty poor. My mom was a single parent with us to boys and being black and living in the inner city, she didn’t always have steady income. We were on Welfare and sometimes forced to live with a relative (or an abusive boyfriend) just to get by. We moved a lot. Between the first and sixth grades we moved five times.
I didn’t understand why back then, but I do now. Yet doing all of this moving, I had to keep leaving friends and make new friends. Before you reach “dating” age, these are the relationships that help define you. When you are small, you forge friendships that in your eyes are made of titanium, but in this case were made of paper, at best. Yet, I remember my girlfriend in first grade Veronica (I have always loved the ladies) and my best friend from kindergarten, Scotty. Colleen, a girl who wouldn’t really give me the time of day from third grade and Henry (Tub) in fifth grade.
The point is that I used to think that all that moving around, losing and making friends, was a detriment to my development. When in fact, it was a great help. Later in life after I joined the military, I had to do pretty much the same thing. But more importantly, it helped me to deal with breakups and betrayals and general heartache. I’ve noticed that I can move on much more easily than some others. Some have suggested that I’m cold and unfeeling or that I must not have invested much emotion in the relationship, both of which are untrue. It’s just that I’ve learned to be a bit more optimistic, knowing that it’s not the last person who will love me. A new friend will come along.

Latest posts

Back