• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

High School class reunion

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Violet_Beauregard

Well... a week from today, on Nov 23, I am attending my 25-year high school class reunion. I am on the Reunion Planning Committee, which has been fun. I was on the committee for our 20th as well, which was a great reunion. We had a great turn out, lots of great feedback on the reunion itself...tons of compliments for how things turned out... (decorations, favors, music, prizes...etc). We have put the same time and effort into this reunion and expect it to be as good as the last time.

I have a personal dilemma though....

I don't want to go. :blink:

Let me explain that better. I want to go to see the classmates and teachers that were invited. There are a few people that I really am looking forward to seeing. We actually had a really great class...nice people for the most part.

BUT... I don't want to go because I'm going to be the "25 years out of high school-never got married-fat girl" ..... again. I don't have a date, so I will get questioned about why I'm alone. Why didn't I get married, am I seeing someone, do I have kids.... all that crap. I just don't want to be put on the spot like that. I'm a very non-confrontational person. I just can't respond with a cutting remark...it's not me. I'm not bothered by the fact that I'm not married... I'm concerned about what they'll all think of me. I know... I know... I shouldn't care what people think of me... but let's be realistic... people care about what other people think of them. It's a very natural reaction. I'm just tired of being looked at as the "never got married fat girl". It's frustrating and tiring. For once, I would at least like to have a damn date!!

I'm trying to figure out a nice, polite reply to the "ohhh, you're not married?" question, without being rude and without making myself look like the pathetic "never got married fat girl".

Any suggestions?? Any advice?? Any words of support or encouragement??

Anything would be appreciated!! :happy:

Thanks!!

Latest posts

Back