• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

How do you instill fat acceptance in children?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bananaspills

I've been thinking about this for several months, and I hope someone will have a few ideas...

My 5 year old daughter especially, likes telling me I'm fat. She doesn't mean it in a negative way, more like a descriptive, and she associates "fatness" with me a lot. She does like it, and actually got quite upset at the thought that I might lose some weight (because mummy is cuddly like she is now.) But she does use the word "fat" with cheerful abandon, and sees nothing wrong with it.

Now, I like that to her "fat" is just a descriptive, like blonde, or short or whatever. But I worry that if she goes around using the word like she does now, someone sooner or later will tell her that it's rude to call people fat, or get upset with her. On the other hand, how do I tell her not to do that, without giving her the message that "fat" is a negative thing? I'm stumped...

Latest posts

Back