• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Is Dims becoming a "hot or not" web site?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ntwp

FFA
It seems like some BHM, BBW and their admirers are feeling more and more pressure to include provacative photos of themselves, especially when they are new to the boards.

I don't look down on people who share photos at all, don't get me wrong. If it wasn't for fear of my career being on the line by being associated with a web site that discusses sex issues, I'd probably post a face shot.

But when people arrive it almost seems like they get begged to post certain types of photos. Don't you think that they have browsed the site long enough to see that some people do post provacative photos, and they would do that on their own volition if they wanted to? (As many do-- I definitely think alot of people post photos because they want to, and that can be a fun aspect of this site). Or maybe if given some time to get used to the web site, they would do it later without you having to ask for it?

Do you think people jump on the bandwagon of "please post photos" a little too quickly? Sure, even the request itself might be flattering to a fat guy who may have never felt like he was viewed as sexually desireable, but do you think it could send the wrong message to these guys? (something like, "Welcome but you're only really welcome if you give me some eye candy.")

My view of Dimensions is that it is primarily a site to talk about size acceptance and issues with being or admiring all that comes with a big man or woman. I think the inclusion of photos, even provocative ones, could be classified under "size acceptance" because the drooling over the eye candy shows that an FFA is not only accepting of a BHM's size but in awe and admiration of it. Probably makes some guys feel like a million bucks and they deserve that. But do you think that it may also make some of them feel like they're not so much a person, but a piece of eye candy?

Also, let's think about how the responses to photos seem to or might affect guys' self-esteem negatively (for example, when one guy gets 15 positive responses while another guy gets 3). Are some BHM who put themselves out there actually getting their feelings a little hurt if they don't get as many responses as another guy? Is that something that those guys should just get over since at the end of the day, it's their decision to put themselves out there?

And is the eye candy becoming too much of a competition? I know people have joked that it was, but is this becoming like a "hot or not" web site? Is that a good or bad thing, or neither?

Finally, do you think BHM/BBW who don't post photos are less likely to be listened to/responded to when it comes to other issues? Are there now "celebrities" on the board because they post lots and lots of super cute or sexy photos and others are too far under the radar? Do you think some people post photos just to "keep up with the Jones's" so they won't be lost in the mix?

I would like to hear opinions from people across the board, whether you completely disagree, agree, or somewhere in between. Or maybe it's just something to think about.

Latest posts

Back