• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Keeping the 14th Amendment

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blubberismanly

Basically New
Keeping the 14th Amendment

This article concerns equal rights for children of illegal immigrants. It's a big issue. But I think changing the 14th Amendment would devalue the rights we all have as citizens. It would also effectively legalize discrimination in all of its ugly forms. Personally, I don't think we need to do anything to it but protect it. As it stands, women have rights, gays are citizens and racial profiling is illegal. If we allow change to this Amendment everything we believe in as Americans will be cast to the wind. It wasn't written to give certain select people more rights than others. That is the kind of thing people come here to get away from.

Clearly, I stand against repealing it. I also fear that losing this amendment could open the door to this great country becoming a theocracy...Think McCain/Palin. I believe if they make it into office they'll try to convert us all. My OPINION, yes. Extreme? Maybe. But I didn't serve this counrty to see my First Amendment rights limited because I'm not "citizen" enough. It's MY PERSONAL BELIEF that losing the 14th Amendment will allow the religious bias that the fundys are fighting for. Sure, you can see a christian doctor who won't give you an abortion even if it is ectopic (sp?) and could kill you. You'll have a right to vote if you are on the same side of everyone else in your local area. You'll have a separation of church and state...if you don't follow the church in power you'll be denied some or all of your rights. Sounds a bit like the Dark Ages.

Again, I speak in the extreme. But...it isn't as impossible as it sounds. Such things happen in other countries all the time. That's what makes our Constitution so sacred. It prevents these injustices from happening.

"You and me we'll all go down in history with a sad statue of liberty and a generation that didn't agree..." ~~System of a Down, "Sad Statue"

Latest posts

Back