• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Ladies: Could YOU be 9 months pregnant and not know it?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SamanthaNY

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄&
A 39 year old, 420 pound woman unknowingly carried a child full term. I've heard stories like this before, and it just never seemed like something that could actually happen. I understand the women in this story didn't have a missed period to give her the first clue - but... there have to be several other signs, right? Feelings? Symptoms? Not that I'm doubting her - but jeez, picture this scenario for yourself... a tummy ache and WHAM, you're a mommy! Oof. Now that's a tough road to travel. All in all, it sounds like she's in a fairly good relationship - hopefully they'll adjust to the shock and go on to be a happy, healthy family.

An interesting sub-plot to the story is that the mother had WLS eight years ago, and it failed (though - no further details given there). I wonder how that impacted the pregnancy. [NOTE: this shall NOT become a surgery-bashing thread. Resist the urge.]

An amusing side note: Rosie O'Donnell's response to a fan asking if she was pregnant: "Yes, I'm six months pregnant with twin boys *rubbing belly*"
Passerby: "Oh! Have you picked out names?"
O'Donnell" "Yes. Ben & Jerry"
The fan then realized that O'Donnell was not pregnant, just fat. I'm not an O'Donnell fan, but that was pretty funny.

Here's a snippet from the story, linked above.

Baby comes as shock
The mother didn't know she was pregnant until she had carried the fetus to full term.
By SCOTT MARTINDALE
THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER

ORANGE – April Branum went to her local emergency room Monday night complaining of stomach pain and emerged with the biggest shock of her life. She was pregnant with a full-term fetus.

Doctors, who discovered the baby when they took X-rays of her abdominal area, immediately sent Branum to UCI Medical Center in Orange for prenatal testing.

The fetus's lungs were fully developed, the heartbeat was strong, and no defects were detected. The baby was ready to be delivered.

Two days later, the first-time mother gave birth by C-section to a healthy, 7-pound, 7-ounce boy named Walter Scott Edwards III.

02baby_med.jpg

Latest posts

Back