• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Meeting the Parents

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FatAcquiescence

Hello, I posted here before with a FA vs non-FA sex question and got great feedback (and a fired up desire to experience a FA as a lover:batting: ). I am a quiet member, but enjoy reading all the posts and replies.

I have a question about feelings/reactions regarding meeting a significant other’s parents. Here is my current situation: My semi-serious, semi-monogamous boyfriend really wants me to meet his parents. It is a very casual situation, we all live in the same town, and he is very close to them. It is not one of those intense, extravagant “I want you to meet you future family” kinds of things (thank god). The thing is- I am terrified that they will judge me because of my weight.

I am pro-fat, pro-body positive, to the core. I have a strong self-esteem and am completely able to recognize my beauty and worth. So basically, I don’t what the hell is wrong with me. I feel stupid for being hesitant, and a little ashamed that I am so worried about what they will think about me. I am good person, with a good heart. I am working on my Master’s, have a good head on my shoulders and have a great job working in the child abuse prevention field. On paper, I know I am a catch. So why is it that the only thing I think they will see is my fat?

I have a bad experience in the past, having my ex-husband’s family be very open about their disapproval of me because they didn’t think I was pretty enough for their son. Of course I realize what shallow assholes they all are, but unfortunately I think it stuck with me.

My boyfriend’s parents are both total health nuts. His step-mom is a nutrition nurse and a marathon runner. I know she has made comments about my boyfriend needing to get in better shape and he is 6ft and barely 200lbs. I am 6ft and rocking 385lbs. Ha. I have expressed my feelings of apprehension to my boyfriend and he has assured me that they will love me and that if she were ever to say anything bad about my weight he would tell her to go to hell. I am his first fat girlfriend. He acknowledged that he can see why I would be worried, and has continued to tell me I am beautiful and that they can’t wait to meet me. Damn it.

So does anyone have any experience with this kind of fear? Do any partners of a large person have any experience with their family reacting to their partner’s weight? Any tips to help me pull my head out of my ass? Thank you all for a place like this!

Latest posts

Back