• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

My first size issue in NYC

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missy9579

Formerly BigCutieViolet!
Many of you have seen pictures of me and know that I am very pear shaped, my bottom and hips are very wide, and sometimes chairs with arms can be a little uncomfy, but I always fit in them. I never have trouble fitting in booths, although sometimes its snug. And in the old movie theatres that have the old fashioned arms and not the ones that go up, is probably where i am least comfy, but i can manage to sit through a movie....

Well, today in the city we went to see The Lion King and we went to The New Amsterdamn theatre for it, we went and found our seats in the orchestra section, and as soon as I saw how narrow the seats were, I knew I was in trouble.....I tried to sit in and see if i could get by, but there was just no way, I couldnt even get in it! (sorry, no pictures were taken....)

So, I was a little embarassed, but my BF right away said, its not ok, lets go talk to someone,,,,so we found someone who said we had to speak to a girl named Nicole , who was the f loor manager and see what could be done. I timidly explained teh situation, and said I could not stay for the show if there was no other seating....

She was very nice, she was younger, maybe in her early 20's, and very thing herself, yet she was very nice about it, she did not at all make me feel uncomfy, or embarassed about it, she said please give her a few moments so she could see what she could do. She came back and said all of the wheel chair slots were sold out, which is not usually the case, but she then said she could put 2 free standing, armless chairs behind a lady in a wheel chair. She made a lil special row for us, We were a little in the way of the aisle, but, we sat there and watched and enjoyed the show.

This experience was not nearly as painful as I had always thought it would play out in my head, the first time I had a size issue. The lady was nice, my bf was very nice about it, even when I apologized for making us sort of stick out, he said no worries at all.

:)

Latest posts

Back