• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

My Mom is having WLS

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deven

Wendigo
Now, this wouldn't be an issue if I didn't realize she was also pressuring me to do the same.

Her reasoning for having it is sound. Her digestive system simply isn't working as it should, and the doctor feels that this will help with that. They honestly tried the hard way, but she just can't do it for a number of reason.

So her Bariatric surgery is in August. I'm also the one that's going to be taking care of her. During this time, I am going to hear her pressure me more and more about weight loss. She's bad now, but her dropping weight herself I can only see it getting worse.

Ontop of it all, she was reading to me what she can and cannot eat, the risks of the surgery, and the side effects of it all. She is in poor health now, and I worry that this surgery will do more harm than good. I'm also worried that once she loses weight, she'll start pressuring me to as well. I've attempted to tell her I'm becoming happy in my own skin, and she tells me that I'm not, I can't "possibly be."

If this surgery really changes her to the effect that I'm thinking it will, I will be forced to cut my mother out of my life, and that stings. As the days go by, I wish there were alternatives to her digestive problems.

I guess the question I'm about to pose is:

If you/someone you know has had the Bariatric surgery, did they start preaching to you/were you accused of preaching about it?

Back