• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

My Weight Surprise

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craiger16

Hello All,

I am posting here today for some feedback.

I have a few issues with my body lately.

Since high school ended I have been gaining weight. I have only lost weight once during a mandatory five day camping trip for school where I hiked three hours a day and ate very little. I gained it back quickly.

Most of my high school friends are at the same weight or smaller. Three of my ex girlfriends have lost weight and seem to be quite happy. I'm not sure how I feel about this, if they are happy then that is good but as an FA you can't help but feel a bit odd or even bad for trying to encourage them to go in the opposite direction; oh well, life goes on.

Some days are tough, like anyone else; I've been made fun of for many things; being bald, being dumb, being fat, etc...

Such is life, let it be. But don’t be afraid to have a few smart comebacks or at least a sense of humour about yourself.

Generally I am the tallest person in my group of friends. If not that then I am defiantly the heaviest.

I do not own a scale which makes the numbers all that much more shocking when I do get on one. I just did and that is what inspired me to post.

Generally at social gatherings people talk about things and weight seems to come up with everyone complaining about how "fat" they are. Guys and Girls btw.

I ask: How much do they think I weigh? Which is usually met with anywhere in between 190 – 250. Which I think is either them trying to be nice or really not knowing.

I do enjoy playing basketball, football, floor hockey, disk golf, and squash. These activities are fun but I do not do them very often, firstly because most of these involve other people, not quite things I can do on my own. Secondly I hear one of the motivating factors for exercise is that you “feel great” something about endorphins? But I find that during the sports I feel great but once they are over I feel very depressed, very sad, it is not a desirable feeling and I feel like this is a big reason I don’t participate very often.

I believe that being and FA and feeling happy with my love life, working hard in school towards my career, having a loving family, all contribute to my growing waistline, I am motivated to succeed in school and get that part of my life sorted out, so right now I don’t feel I need to change.

I am 6’3 and weigh 341lbs. It just seems like a lot, I’ve never been this big and I am certainly noticing the lack of available seating and clothing. That being said I’m told I don’t look to weigh that “much” as my friends call it. I feel that I could make a better effort to exercise but since going back to school and now working towards my future career it seems like the biggest challenge is managing stress which is crippling if not dealt with properly.

What I'm wondering is what the Dims people think?

Here are some pictures, the first one is from 2004 when I was 190lbs; the others are from late 2010.

Thanks

View attachment cwold.jpg

View attachment cwbook.jpg

View attachment cwdsk.jpg

View attachment cwhk.jpg

View attachment cwxmas.jpg

Latest posts

Back