• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Nicknames

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bearsy

Genuinely Disingenuous
Does anyone else get nicknames based on their size? Do you have an issue with it?

In highschool I got the nickname "Couch" because at the lunch table we were only allowed to have 8 chairs but our group of friends consisted of 10 people, so two of them would sit on my lap and the name stuck. Cause I'm big and soft like a couch. The name has stuck far beyond school, to the point where most of the people I know don't call me my real name, but Couch.

I never had a problem with it because it was a nickname given in love, but when people ask how I came to get it they react very negatively. I don't understand why. They say it's mean and whatnot and ask why I let people call me that. I don't get it. I mean I'd rather not have a nickname, as I like my name, but I don't see anything wrong with the one I've got.

Latest posts

Back