• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

old navy item reviews

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissToodles

dead peasant
I'm bored and just got a shipment of old navy items, so I decided to
review some schtuff. Your reviewer is around 360 luscious pounds, with
large cute thighs and an even larger, cuter belly. She has a
medium size bust and is around 5'8. She also typically wears a size
4x/30 in Old Navy items.

First item:

on632982-03p01v01.jpg

square neck top in greenlight:

love, love the color. If you're a fan of kelly green, you will like
this shirt. It's almost kelly but not quite. The shirt attempts to be
'cute in the front & sexy in the back' but is just pathetic. No matter how
many permutations of lowering my bra/hiding the bra straps I did, my
bra kept showing. Ewwwww. The shirt is so lovely from the front and
the open back is way too big. FAIL. Too bad because I really
liked it otherwise.

on633998-00p01v01.jpg

'
tiered maxi dress in Green Light:

another one I wanted to like but did not deliver. Woe is me, cue the violins. I
wanted a cool, breezy summer dress and what I got was a hideous, 3rd
trimester maternity dress. You see how it is 'tiered'? Apparently, ‘tiered’ is
ON speak for 'drop-waisted'! No one looks good in a drop waist. NO ONE.
Listen, sometimes I can be of the ‘if it ain’t tight, it ain’t right’ mindset but this isn't flattering tight. If you want to advertise your belly bulge/rolls (which I think can be cute when highlighted!) in a most unflattering way, buy this dress. Otherwise stay away
Another complaint: Way too large in the bust/shoulders. Also the green light color of this dress is different from the above shirt.

on644387-00p01v01.jpg

Cross Front Dress in Cyclamen
So when there’s a style I like and is flattering on me, I stick to it. Wrap/empire/kimono style dresses etc. The above shape is extremely figure flattering on [insert round fruit/veggie] shapes, so I decided to give it a go. Again, again it’s too big in the bust and shoulders, practically falling off of me. Fooled me once shame on you, fooled me twice shame on me… Anyway, I’m not flat chested nor do I have petite little shoulders. Bad design. Perhaps if I knew how to sew, I could take it apart at the seams. But I don’t, so off to ON it goes.

Pintuck cap sleeve top in I feel teal
on632983-02qlv01.jpg

Frilly, feminine and almost like a polo shirt. After such disappointments, will I like this shirt? Yes, I do. But I couldn’t write something with just one teensy complaint (it’s in my blood, I’m not happy if I’m not miserable!), it’s elasticized at the bottom. I don’t quite know why but I don’t question the existence of a flattering item after this many ON aberrations. A keeper kids, it’s a keeper.

on633019-02qlv01.jpg

Ruched tube top in Pacifica

This one only goes up to 3x. I was worry about the fit, but to my surprise it wasn’t the least bit tight or pully. Although the blue is deeper in tone than on the website, I prefer it. It has a laughable built-in shelf bra. It ain’t holding up squat. Very happy with this top and probably can fit someone a good 30-40 pounds bigger than me.

Latest posts

Back