• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Party at Ris and Bio's house! Oh, the food!!!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tina

Older and wiser now
Ris and Bio had a lovely little get-together in honor of Missa's Bachelor's degree (and a great excuse to get a group of friends together). It was such a blast. Some pics of the party are here. Well, now, I really screwed up. I meant to photograph the appetizers as well as the dinner, but I was so distracted having fun, I forgot the main course. Guess I need to take some lessons from Randi in this.

One of the cool things is that they don't just talk the talk, they walk the walk, too. The 'plastic' cups weren't plastic at all, but were made from corn oil, I think. The 'plastic' forks were made from some sort of sugar cane fibers, as well as the 'paper' plates. All bio degrade within 6 months and can even be composted. And those forks were stronger than regular plastic forks -- very sturdy. Yes, these things are available and can be bought, so what a wonderful idea.

So here we go.

These are the appetizers. Keep in mind, Ris spread out all over the dining room and living room, bowls of mixed nuts and little hershey's treasures bars and M&Ms. And on the kitchen counter were bottles of wine. There was also Sangria that Missa made, and plenty of bottles of water, and soda, for those not wanting to imbibe (I had both ;)).
100_2209sm.jpg

Here is a closeup of the spinach dip (which was fabulous and was served with little squares of sourdough bread), and the dates that Ris and I stuffed with cheesecake filling she bought. Had never had them, and they were spectacular and one of the hits of the party.
100_2205sm.jpg

A closeup of the dates, of course, for Randi. :)
100_2212sm.jpg

The affair had a mostly Greek theme, and so of course there was baklava that Ris ordered from an Armenian bakery. This stuff was heavenly, and generously sprinkled with crushed pistacios. The square ones with the points were stuffed with pistacio and honey. Ris bought a lot of them and they were almost gone within less than three days.
100_2206sm.jpg

For Randi, of course, a close-up:
100_2206asm.jpg

Here you can see the bowl of the little sourdough squares and the fresh pita, as well as the fresh hummus (there was also tahini) from the local Greek restaurant. Divine! The fresh grapes were a great foil for all of the savory stuff.
100_2210sm.jpg

For dinner, the table was laden with chicken and beef kabobs, real gyro meat (combined lamb and beef), tszaki sauce, quartered BBQ chickens, a great pasta (tortellini) proscuitto salad that Missa made, a green salad with Greek dressing, a orzo salad Ris made with kalamata olives, olive oil, lemon juice, purple onion, feta cheese and I can't remember what else, as well as the rest of what was on the table. Am I missing anything, Ris? I'm really sorry not to have had photos of the main course, as it really was all so delicious. We had left overs for days. YUM!

Ris really knows how to put on the dog, and I learned a few things from her. Thank you, Ris and Bio!

Latest posts

Back