• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

R.I.P. Scott "Bam Bam" Bigelow 1961-2007

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wrestlingguy

"Bitter Old Man"
WWE.com has learned that former WWE Superstar Scott "Bam Bam" Bigelow has passed away in Florida.

Kevin Doll, the Public Information Director for the Pasco County Sheriff's Office confirmed that Bigelow was found dead early this morning in his home in Hudson, Fla.

"We can confirm that Scott Bigelow was found in his home this morning. At this time the cause of death is unknown," Doll told WWE.com.

Doll also confirmed that the Pasco-Pinellas Counties medical examiner has taken the body and an autopsy will be performed.

Bigelow, 45, worked for WWE, ECW and WCW extensively throughout his 20-year sports-entertainment career. A former ECW Champion, ECW Television Champion and WCW Tag Team Champion, he is perhaps best known for his rivalry with Lawrence Taylor that culminated in the main event of WrestleMania XI in 1995.

Better known as Bam Bam Bigelow, Scott spent more than two decades crisscrossing the United States, Japan and Europe, rubbing elbows and swapping blows with some of professional wrestling's biggest names.

Bigelow retired a few years ago, but life after wrestling wasn't always sweet. He suffered from chronic injuries sustained in the ring, endured a bitter divorce and was involved in a motorcycle wreck that nearly killed his girlfriend.

For Bigelow, the pain is over.

The Pasco County Sheriff's Office said he was found dead Friday morning in a house at 12314 Morgan Road, just north of State Road 52.

"We got a call at 10:22 a.m.," said sheriff's spokesman Doug Tobin. "He was found by his girlfriend."

The cause of death was unknown Friday. There didn't appear to be foul play, but the sheriff's office is awaiting autopsy results, Tobin said.

Bigelow's death shook friends and family, as well as the wrestling community. Survivors include daughter Ricci and sons Shane and Scott, who live with his ex-wife in New Jersey.

"He was a good guy, very good, with a good heart," said wrestler Jerry Sags, one-half of renowned tag team The Nasty Boys and a longtime friend of Bigelow's.

Sags and Bigelow had worked together recently on local and regional American Combat Wrestling promotions for which Bam Bam often gave advice to ACW wrestlers like "Roughhouse" Ralph Mosca, Sideshow and David Mercury.

"In a lot of ways he was just a big teddy bear that had that New Jersey [vibe] about him," Sags said. "My last conversation with Bam Bam, I saw the state he was in and I said, 'Man, we've lost 40 of our friends [in recent years]. I'm tired of going to funerals. Don't let it happen to you.'"
------------------------------------------------------------------
Kocosports.com has the regrettable task of reporting that Scott Charles Bigelow, known to wrestling fans worldwide as Bam Bam Bigelow has passed away.

Sources close to Bigelow have informed us that the former WWE/ECW/WCW superstar had been missing for several days, and was found dead this morning in a home in Pasco County, Florida.

We are told that Police are currently treating this as a crime scene. Despite several attempts by Kocosports.com to contact them, The Pasco County Sheriff’s dept. was unavailable for comment as of 12:50PM today.

Bigelow was trained as a wrestler at Larry Sharpe's "Monster Factory" in Mount Laurel, New Jersey. He debuted in Memphis in 1985. In 1997 Bigelow began a one year stint in the World Wrestling Federation, but was sidelined due to injuries. He moved on to work for Antonio Inoki in New Japan Pro Wrestling, where he formed a tag team with Big Van Vader, and won the IWGP Tag Team Championships.

In late 1992 Bigelow returned to the WWF and engaged in a highly-publicized feud with American football player Lawrence Taylor. The two went on to headline WrestleMania.

During a run in ECW, in 1997, he joined the reformed The Triple Threat with Chris Candido and leader, Shane Douglas. He was a dominant force in ECW, carrying out feats of strength such as hurling Spike Dudley out of the ring and into the audience and slamming Taz through the ring. He held the ECW Television Championship and the ECW World Heavyweight Championship during his stay there.

On November 16, 1998 Bigelow debuted in World Championship Wrestling. He initially feuded with WCW World Heavyweight Champion Goldberg before competing in the WCW Hardcore Division

Bigelow held a total of 13 professional wrestling championships throughout his career, in promotions such as WCW, NWA, ECW, NJPW & IWGP.

On October 2, 2005, Bigelow was hospitalized with a broken nose and several lacerations after crashing his Harley-Davidson motorcycle in Spring Hill, Florida. His passenger at the time, Janis Remiesiewicz (Bigelow's girlfriend), suffered severe injuries and was declared to be in "critical" condition.

Both Remiesiewicz and her relationship with Bigelow, made a complete recovery.

Bigelow’s talent and warm personality made him a beloved figure to fans and wrestlers alike, Kocosports.com would like to send our deepest condolences to Miss Remiesiewicz & the rest of Bigelow’s family and friends during their time of grief

A small aside to this story, and one of my personal experiences with Scott was around 1997. I was working at my ex-wife's house, installing a new wood floor, when I cut my left middle finger almost down to the bone. I ran to the local hospital's emergency ward, where I waited, bleeding, for almost 2 hours. Getting tired of waiting, and wanting to complete the job I started, I returned home, called Scott, who was training a friend of mine (The Equalizer from ECW), and asked him if I could stitch the cut myself. He walked me through it, it wasn't very painful, and now I have a clean scar that will make me think of him often and smile. I have lost yet another brother from this business.

Latest posts

Back