• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Sassy/Bitchy fat girls.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pitch

--Of which I am one.

I've been hearing a lot of sizeist comments to do with big girls and how half of us have "bad attitudes". Even in the FA/SA community. They usually go something like this.

Non FA: "Oh, she's just a bitch/outspoken/etc to make up for being fat. She's just bitter, blah blah blah." You know, because thin to average sized women are NEVER bitches. Ever. Thin women are all uniformly sweet as candy and lope through their lives like gazelle. Attitude somehow directly correlates to weight for these people.

FA: (Saw this comment on Curvage) "I wont date a sassy BBW. It seems like BBWs go one of two ways, either they become bitches because they've been treated like dirt or they become total sweet hearts." He then went on about liking the latter, obviously.

So, I was thinking that even if I weighed 110 pounds instead of 280 that my attitude would most likely be the same. Oh yeah, and thin/average women also can have rocky pasts and get treated like dirt. And get called bitches.

I guess this is another facet of lookism? You can't just be a bitch if you are fat or "unnatractive" (supposedly). Its just you acting out because of these factors. You can't JUST be outspoken, it seems. You cant JUST not be interested in any bullshit.

You're a big mean fatty. Or just mad because you're "ugly".

The non-logic of lookists, sexists, sizeists and narcissists baffles me.You'd think this kind of stuff would die out in middle school, right!? So, like...maybe it ties into the submissive/purity myth thing, as well? I think this is one of the many reasons fat is a feminist issue.

Do BHM experience or know of an equivalent to this?
Other thoughts?

Latest posts

Back