• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Skinny celebrity look-alikes. Compliment or insult?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pitch

Does anyone else but me find this both offending and...I dont know what else? It just seems like a weird way of "othering" fat people by reminding them that they have the exact or similar facial features of some random bone-thin celebrity.

Let's see, I've gotten:

Fat Charlize Theron dipped in chocolate
Fat Thandie Newton.

Me:

And then

Charlize:
Charlize-Theron.jpg

Thandie:
thandie-newton.jpg

Female friends have gotten "A heavier Gemma Ward" and "A fat Tia or Tamara" (Those twins from Sister Sister? I forget their names, forgive me if I got it wrong.)

Now, dont get me wrong. Charlize Theron is awesome. So is Thandie. So are the twins from Sister Sister and Gemma Ward is a great model. But uhm...is it bitchy to equate the "compliment" with the age old You'd Be So Pretty If standard? Or are they really just trying to call someone pretty like a celebrity with some extra poundage?

I don't get. Thoughts? Have any of you gotten this? :/

Latest posts

Back