• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Something I wrote for a lenten publication

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russell Williams

Any thoughts or comments?

If someone wishes to point out that i do not lead a christian life, I and many others including most of the people in the church I attend already know that.

I am intrigued by attempts people make to explain the events of the Bible as natural events. I have seen explanations that crossing of the Red Sea was possible because a combination of very low tide and a strong northwest wind pushed the water back. The chosen passed, the tide rose, the wind stopped blowing, and Pharaoh's army drowned. I have heard explanations that some of the people Jesus raised from the dead were actually in catatonic states. The logical conclusion of this form of thinking would be that Jesus went into a catastrophic state of shock and, in such a state, was buried still alive.

I see no reason for people to devise scientific explanations of amazing events described in the Bible. God is an all-powerful who is capable of doing all logically possible things. I see no need to try to devise natural explanations of the burning bush, the parting of the Red Sea, the cutting of Sampson's hair to cause him to lose his strength, the talking donkey, fresh manna from heaven every morning, David hitting Goliath square in the middle the forehead, and the many other miracles of the Bible including, of course, the resurrection.

I feel no need to spend time evaluating scientific explanations of Biblical miracles. I'm content, within my very limited ability, to try to do helpful things to as many other people as I can, to appreciate kindnesses I receive, and to neither expect nor dwell upon kindnesses that I do not receive. To me the crucial parts of the Bible are those that talk of sharing Christ's love with people around me.

I strongly agree with John Wesley's position that God gives his gifts in an unequal manner and that those who have received many gifts have a responsibility to share those gifts with those around them who have not been given as many gifts from God. I am trying to follow the example both Christ and my earthly father set.

Latest posts

Back