• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Something that struck a cord in me.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruffie

I was watching a movie the other night about a woman who goes home to take care of her terminally ill mom and finds out some perceptions she had about her family were skewed. There is a scene where the mom makes her daughter sit and talk to her as she neared the end of her life to address the anger she has towards her father. The daughter thought perhaps her father is having an affair (finds out later that is not the case) and has taken her mother for granted all these years and is playing her small. The mom is tired of being shushed when she has been trying to talk to her family about how she is feeling as she fights cancer and says something like this;
There comes a time in your life when a woman sees her body soften and sag and along with that her life has turned out differently than she dreamed of when she was young. And she learns at that point to be thankful for what she has ad stops yearning for all the things she thinks she thought she wanted. There is a peace in that.
The mom came to terms with the fact that she loved being a wife and mother, volunteering in her community and helping her friends and illustrated that with some stories for the daughter. She didn't regret the choices she made.

I think that I too learned to be thankful for what I have. Years ago when things weren't good I focused on all the things I didn't have. A close family, a husband not as romantic as I wanted, a house not finished and up to my standard...etc. When I worked more on putting myself back together and looking at what I had rather than what I didn't I found that peace she was talking about. I have a husband who really loves me and we have stuck it out through trials and tribulations, kids I love, an extended family of adopted kids and grand kids that have asked me to be in their family, a job I love and finally having some freed up cash to fix up the house. I have tried things that I was afraid to do and continue to grow and learn through courses and seminars. I guess having had a discussion with a close friend who was with me through the rough times and expressed to me that they feel that I am in the same place as I was when they first met me, made me examine this. And then the movie reminded me that there can often be a peace with ones life that others looking in don't see. Any thoughts/experiences ladies?

Latest posts

Back