• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

such a sad world we live in

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GWARrior

Im openly bisexual. I dont care who knows it because I AM WHO I AM and no one can change me. Luckily I have amazingly supportive parents and friends who love me for being me.

Im moving to Indiana in June to get a place with my friend of over 10 years. He is like a brother to me and we've been through so much together. I cant wait to start a new chapter in my life in a new enviroment.

Sadly, my friend is gay and still in the closet. Only a very few, very select people know, and I happen to be one of them. I love him and Im happy that he decided to tell me. I have no problem whatsoever, because he's my bud and I want him to be happy and I will support him completely.

But most of his family doesnt know. He only told his sister (whom he is living with right now) and she seems to think its just a "phase". Like he'll finally get into a relationship with a man and realize its not for him. Its NOT a phase. My friend knows who he is attracted to.

He told me the saddest thing last nght. If he were to come out to his family, theres a HUGE CHANCE most of them would never talk to him again. His parents would basically disown him, and everyone would think differently of him. I've met most of his family and I can see it. It really really saddens me to see my best friend go through this.

He wants nothing more than to be accepted. He wants his family to truely know WHO HE IS and for them to love him and supprt him.

It would never happen.

His boss has openly made gay bashing jokes and said often he would never hire a 'fag'. So if my friend were to come out, that nice promotion he is up for would be gone. I told him that that's discrimination and illegal. But he made a point of saying that to bring it to court he would need all kinds of evidence and whatnot. IT REALLY FREAKIN SUCKS.

I dont care what straight people think of gay people. I dont care that people think its wrong or a 'sin' (but PLEASE dont talk to me about religion). Just let me and my friend live our lives how we want.

Forgive me for the long ass post, but this has brewing in me for quite some time:p

I was watching the History channel today, a show on the KKK and how it started and all that jazz. I made it through the various pictures of lynchings, the fighting and the racial slurs. But the moment I saw a BABY dressed in a white gown and pointed hood, I broke down and sobbed. I was bombarded with images of CHILDREN dressed in the KKK gown and hood, walking around, idolizing their parents.

How can we do this to CHILDREN? They are so young and impressionable! We are spreading hate and intolerance everywhere!

I just dont get it.

*goes back into cave to cry*

Latest posts

Back