• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Suicide by gay student, was it a hate crime?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hal84

I know I know I know, not the best title for a thread. I apologize but I couldn't come up for anything catchy that would fit. For anyone who hasn't read about what happened the situation was this.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39445225/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

A young man attending Rutgers was videotaped during the act of making out with anothe man. It was put onto the internet and later the young man committed suicide by leaping off the George Washington Bridge to his tragic death. Should the two people responsible for the video be charged with a hate crime?

I have an uneasy view of hate crimes. I believe that were all human and any crime should be dealt with as if it happened to anyone else. That holding an individual for murder for a hate crime lessons the murder of another indvidual for greed, lust, passion or any other cause. Why should one victim be percieved as a worser victim than another? Such laws reenforce that I being a straight white male is some how different from my black friend Adrian or my gay friend Steve. We're all Americans.

That is why I believe that we should not consider this crime as a hate crime. But a crime of stupidity. One where the defendants didn't understand their consequances and should be punished, but punished by the laws that bind us all togather as Americans rather then divide us into our own respective minorities.

Would love to hear other peoples thoughts on the topic.

Latest posts

Back