• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Tens of thousands of African Americans served in the Confederate Army?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russell Williams

I've been reading stuff online about the number of Confederate soldiers who were black. I've seen estimates of perhaps 36,000 Confederate soldiers were black, most of them were slaves. I got to wondering. How many members of the Sons of the Confederacy are black? I just called
Sons of Confederate Veterans
P.O. Box 59
Columbia, TN 38402
1-800-MY-DIXIE
but it was too late. I will try to call another day. I wonder if there's some sort of a Daughters of the Confederacy organization. If so I'm interested in finding out how many of their members are African-American or mixed.

One time when I was at Antietam battlefield I was talking with someone about Sherman's march through Georgia. A man broke into the conversation to talk about how much his ancestors had resented Sherman's march through Georgia. Only later did I realize that the appropriate question would have been, "Did both your black and white ancestors resent Sherman's March or did only your white or black ancestors resent Sherman's March?"

Latest posts

Back