• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

The Anti-Carbon Tax campaign in Australia

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhawk2293

Still tired of life
I just saw the ad on TV put together to campaign against the Carbon Tax, the one with all the people saying it's going to kill their jobs, their lives etc etc etc. I think it's put together by the Trading Alliance or some group of big businesses.

If someone who had never heard of Australia was watching that ad, they would think that there was no Asians, no Africans, no indigenous people or Greeks, Italians, Indians, Sri Lankans or races other than white anglo-saxon people... and these were supposed to be people from "all walks of life" but everyone in that ad was pretty much white anglo-saxon. Even the Taxi driver was white, I mean come on... I lived in a few different cities and towns in Australia and most of the taxis I get into are driven by Bangladeshis or Indians or Middle Eastern people or Asians etc. I haven't been in a taxi with a white taxi driver for a long time.

My whole life I've had to put up with this kind of bullshit, being dark skinned and having a name that is more than 2 syllables. Even during the election campaign last year there was this kind of ethnic segregation in the campaign advertising by both the major parties. Every time they said they stood for Australian families there was no diversity, it was blond hair and blue eyed families only. I'm a registered voter too! Don't you give a fuck about my vote?

I guess the positive for me in all this was that when I was growing up I was never really that sucked into marketing campaigns to buy the latest toys, clothes or whatever because their ads never really featured kids of my colour.

But to relate it to size acceptance... If the media, the government and big business can't even accept that there are other races living in Australia, what hope is there for size acceptance?

Latest posts

Back