• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

"The Clarity to Vote" - letter to ed., Mpls. Star/Tribune

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ho Ho Tai

This letter (MST - Oct. 22nd) is written by a retired teacher who offers food for thought the way that organic farmers offer food for the body. There are clues in the letter that he is addressing this to younger folks, but I think it applies to all of us, of whatever age, including me.

I would interpret his remarks for myself as "Ignore the soundbites. You have had many experiences with many people, as well as with yourself. Through these experiences, you have developed a mind, a soul, a conscience. Look within yourself for the answers. Trust yourself - and then vote" I hope I can swallow a slice of my own advice.

To avoid copyright issues, I offer a portion of the letter only, with the rest accessible at the link.

"The Clarity to Vote" by Steve Watson (retired teacher, Minneapolis)

"For a brief time you must cast off the political affiliations and labels that define and confine you. Release the notion, for the moment, that you are one of them. No political label or allegiance -- Democrat, Republican, liberal, conservative or even independent -- can contain the greater human thoughts, values and meaning you can generate entirely on your own.
[Then]... you are free to explore the wealth of information you have archived, naturally and unconsciously, over at least 18 years, through the wealth of personal relationships you now own.

The most important decisionmaking information you have is already there, planted, sprouted and growing from a thousand human interactions. ...
Check out your vast personal resources, like the information files from your ...[parents and teachers]. Review the joy and discomfort of friends, classmates and coworkers..."

I have truncated the quotation but do it no justice thereby. I enjoin you to read the original. It should be accessible at the link.

Latest posts

Back