• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

The Collapse! A real life Story!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deidrababe

In Rememberance
I don't know if I should laugh or cry...but I guess since I'm laughing...and posting....it couldn't have been all that traumatic for me!

I jut started a job at a Doggie Day Care - Private Owned in a woman's home - So, she has lots of odd furniture in the day care rooms - and some is well, less than fat friendly to say the least.

My first day there...I went and tried out every piece of furniture in the place - would it hold me? Would I become trapped and not be able to get out? Would there be a collapse?

I found that MOST of the furniture worked for me.....some too low and hard to get out of and one weird thing on wheels that freaked me out - but overall, a good assortment of stuff that would do the trick.

So, this one chair.....I sat on was solid....comfortable and not too low to the ground - black Pleather, sort of looked like an oversize folding chair of some kind, but not a folding chair.

I sat on it for hours the other day without incident.

Today, I sat down and BOOM!

Down on the ground I went!

I crawled up from the floor - and then tried to see what kind of damage I did. Was it really broken????? (funny how I would think that 450 lbs. could not REALLY break something!)

It seems that there were these screws that held the chair in position and the literally, broke right off from where they were screwed in on BOTH sides!

Was I sabotaged? LOL Seriously, this went through my mind! Did someone saw the screws to MAKE the chair collapse? Was I on Candid Camera? Again...really wondering if my weight Did this! LOLOLOL

So, I made the chair look as best as I could and went on with my duties. When the owner came back...I told her I had a little accident with the chair. She's super laid back and her response was "well, it's easier for the dogs to get on now that it's lower!" She didn't seem fased in the least (this woman is 5'10 and weighs about 140 lbs.) She said it was a FREE chair, and I should not stress over it. When I told her I thought if she just got new screws, she could repair it - and agian, she just told me not to worry about it - THANK GOD!

Anyway, I guess I could have been mortified, but I wasn't. My main thought was that at least there was not a dog under the chair during the collapse!

How do other people handle breaking furniture NOT in your own home?

I'll post some pictures of the damage later today. I have to go back to work for a few hours and I'll bring my camera!

XOXOX

Deeds

This is the chair the other day, with a dog on it (Maggie 6 month old Bichon)

View attachment maggiechair.jpg

Latest posts

Back