• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

The First Amendment: Words to Ponder

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Beautiful Dreamer

ridiculously contented
Rereading In Our Defense: The Bill of Rights in Action, I came across a terrific passage: "When [people] have realized that time has upset many fighting faiths, they may come to believe even more than they believe the very foundations of their own conduct that the best test of truth is the power of the thought to get itself accepted in the competition of the market, and that truth is the only ground upon which their wishes safely can be carried out." -- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Supreme Court justice.

Y'all, maybe I've been at this too long, but it immediately made me think of Hyde Park: When someone posts an idea or opinion, sometimes that idea or opinion is criticized by multiple posters in response.

Such criticism in and of itself does not constitute a personal attack. Instead, it constitutes an exercise of the marketplace. Within the bounds of slander and the guidelines of Hyde Park, we're all free to express our ideas. And other posters are free to say, "I think that's lame."

Just remember ....

Criticizing the stated opinion is distinct from criticizing the person. The former is OK, the latter is not. That's actually in the rules.

Everyone, please (again) take it easy on the line-by-line snip-and-retort posts.

While we're at it, please (again), if you discover that a lively discussion has narrowed down to two posters slanging at each other, let someone else have the last word! Walk away on occasion. Roll your eyes and move on.

Numerous posters and former posters have reported that an overabundance of just a few posters clogging up the hallway makes Hyde Park less appealing for all comers.

Please, take it easy on the name calling, exclamation points, and et cetera.

Latest posts

Back