• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

The irony....

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zonker

A new decree: Every woman must either lose weight or gain weight. There can be no satisfaction in any woman's mind about her size or shape. So either diet or stuff yourselves, sweeties, and if you get too big or too thin, just reverse the process.

Well, as what's-her-name used to say, "Stop the Insanity!"

missenglandSplitb_468x396.jpg

Much has been made of Chloe Marshall, the first plus-size contestant in the Miss England contest, left. But it seems ironic that less than a year ago, Miss England 2007 Georgia Horsley, right, was being told to gain weight so she'd have a fighting chance in the Miss World competition. I haven't seen anything on this in the media or here on these boards.

And Miss Horsley, while slender, is certainly not one of those stick-model sorts you see in the anti-anorexic rampages. While my tastes certainly are for bigger women, she is at least curvy, has meat on her legs, and she has a rounded arse.

Miss-England-Georgia-Horsley-0408-5.jpg

I don't know how you women survive in this society. Ms. Marshall is told she's too fat, and Ms. Horsley is told she's too thin. And both are quite lovely young ladies. Oh, the irony of Western body image thinking . . .

For more on this, including a link to a rather humorous and enlightening MSNBC interview with Ms. Horsley last fall, check out my post on livejournal. The interview may be of interest to weight-gain enthusiasts, as Ms. Horsley explains her eating regimen and how she plans to gain weight in certain areas of her anatomy and not get a big fat round belly. As far as I could determine, she did not gain weight before the Miss World competition last year, and she did not win.

http://zonker25.livejournal.com/124488.html

NOTE: I'm too tired and lazy this morning to move that post over here and reformat the links, sorry! Plus, I'm rather involved with some Krispy Kremes right now.

Oh, what the heck, here's the link to the interview, since many of you will find it interesting.

http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-us&brand=msnbc&vid=8284de6e-4fe0-4f14-a123-bb880ceca9b2

Latest posts

Back